Fish Tacos with Strawberry Salsa
Strawberries are a gem at the gym. Their vitamin C helps you melt up to 30 percent more fat during exercise.
- 1 pound halibut fillets or steaks (or other firm white fish such as cod or catfish)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (preferably kosher), divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 8 small (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 small green jalapeño chile, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (you can substitute with cilantro)
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped napa cabbage (you can substitute spinach)
- olive oil cooking spray
Heat oven to 450°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place fish on baking sheet, smooth side down (if fillets); coat with cooking spray; season with cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stack tortillas, sprinkle with a few drops of water, and wrap tightly in foil. Cook fish and tortillas until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork but is still moist, and tortillas are hot, 10 to 15 minutes. In a bowl, combine strawberries, jalapeño, chives, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; stir. Flake fish into big pieces; unwrap tortillas. Divide fish, strawberry salsa and cabbage evenly among tortillas. Fold and serve.
From our kitchen to yours, ENJOY!