Counterintuitive Weight Loss Tips
There are many ridiculous diets, bad advice, and predators out there trying to make a fortune on other people's misfortune. At the end of it all, we come back to the simple fact: to look and feel good we need to eat the healthiest and most nutritious foods we can ~ fruits and veggies.
One of the contributing editors of Women's Health mag. explained an interesting new way to live and eat to to lose weight and feel good ~ 5 Counterintuitive Weight Loss Tips. This is essentially it:
1. Lose Fat by eating GOOD FATS such as avocados, nuts, salmon. By eating 30-35% of your daily caloric intake in this way, you should feel fuller...therefore eat less and shed some weight.
2. SLEEP! We need to be getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night. Evidently if you are only getting 6 hours of sleep per night the chances of being overweight increase by 23% and if you are only getting 5 hours of sleep this percentage increases to 50%. This is because less sleep changes your hormonal activity, increasing food cravings.
3. Eat Cheese. I do not agree with this one although she did explain that if you are a cheese lover, eating a little leaves you feeling satisfied rather than eating none and wanting it so badly that when you have the chance to have a little ~ you end up over eating it (which is terrible!)
4. Drink Alcohol! We are wine lovers so you can imagine how shocked I was when after I ran one mile at a bootcamp one day ~ the instructor explained that we had just run off ONE glass on wine!!!! This diet tip is based on the idea that drinking one glass of wine a day will make it 30% less likely you will be overweight and 70% less likely you will be obese. Don't ask me why...Let's just take this one at face value.
and last but not least...
5. Be sexually active. Yes. I absolutely agree with this one. I am certain that good, fun, healthy sex keeps fat at bay and keeps us feeling great about ourselves.