Blue Zones: living happily past 100
Several studies have been made on these communities. National Geographic and Dan Buettner (presentation below) give us 9 lifestyle attributes that all Blue Zones on Earth share:
1. Move Naturally. Exercise is not a special time, it is built into the way they live.
3. Take time to SLOW DOWN each day...through prayer, meditation...
4. Diet of mainly plants (fruits & veggies)
5. Never eat until they are totally full, only 80% full.
6. Enjoy a glass of wine everyday.
7. Connections. They live with people they love and trust: extended families.
9. Birds of a Feather. They share their lives with lifelong good friends.
Watch this wonderful presentation of 4 Blue Zones and meet some of these very happy, healthy 100+ year olds.